Back in 1989, I had a friend in the Boy Scouts who encouraged me and a bunch of friends to go camping. Few years later, in 1991, I discovered rock climbing and whitewater kayaking. Sadly, I never did manage to keep kayaking, nor did I ever own a kayak (nor have I lived near a decent river or lake).
I still camp on seldom occasions. And I have been able to keep climbing now and then. Due to some lack of discipline (and being prone to adopting new hobbies), I've never really been good at it though.
I've climbed a few 5.10b's (YDS) maybe stretching up to 5.10d; but for practical purposes, I'm quite the beginner as far as climbing skills go.
Top Network Posts
- 16What can I do with a retired rope and harness?
- 14What happened to Irony Games' tools?
- 13How to safely mark a rope
- 11Tree based tool to create dialog
- 11Systems giving XP based on roleplay - How to avoid jealousy/party balance problem
- 10When to use a static rope?
- 9How to capture fog movement?
- View more network posts →