Back in 1989, I had a friend in the Boy Scouts who encouraged me and a bunch of friends to go camping. Few years later, in 1991, I discovered rock climbing and whitewater kayaking. Sadly, I never did manage to keep kayaking, nor did I ever own a kayak (nor have I lived near a decent river or lake).
I still camp on seldom occasions. And I have been able to keep climbing now and then. Due to some lack of discipline (and being prone to adopting new hobbies), I've never really been good at it though.
I've climbed a few 5.10b's (YDS) maybe stretching up to 5.10d; but for practical purposes, I'm quite the beginner as far as climbing skills go.
Top Network Posts
- 36How can I tell if my Wii Remote is counterfeit? (with pics)
- 24Protection from rain - running vs. walking
- 18What can I do with a retired rope and harness?
- 16How to safely mark a rope
- 16Software that guesses which algorithm saved a given JPEG
- 15How to let players feel the "power of belief"?
- 14What happened to Irony Games' tools?
- View more network posts →